Patient Advocacy Organizer
Organization: Community Outreach Group
Job Title: Patient Advocacy Organizer
Position Type: Seasonal-Exempt
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from, and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities, and feel radical joy, vulnerability, and empowerment.
About the Position
As states across the country continue to restrict abortion access, and Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization heads to a Supreme Court, it is crucial abortion is normalized. If we educate new and existing supporters about abortion using stigma-reducing tools, then we can deepen a community’s understanding of abortion and increase their support of abortion.
This program aims to hire organizers that can harness the leadership of abortion storytellers to organize their own community for abortion access. The organizers will run a Patient Advocacy campaign to develop volunteer leaders and abortion storytellers, host events, and use relational organizing within their communities to educate and mobilize new and existing supporters on abortion through SCOTUS fights, legislative sessions, and the 2022 midterm election.
The Patient Advocacy Organizer’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Recruit, train, and build relationships with patient advocates and abortion storytellers.
- Lead health center advocacy programs, host trainings, host volunteer canvasses, identify volunteer leaders, and create a volunteer leadership team.
- Ensure client and organizational satisfaction and completion of all program goals and obligations.
- Work with program leadership to break overall regional goals down into smaller goals, develop timelines, work plans, progress to goals, and produce qualitative reports to tell the story of your state’s progress.
- Provide updates and build out strategy by conducting weekly client and partnership communications.
- Work with coalition partners and key stakeholders to develop and execute a cooperative campaign strategy.
- Experience in developing and leading organizing programs (knowledge of paid and/or volunteer programs preferred).
- Storytelling experience preferred.
- Comfortability talking about abortion openly and without stigma
- Expertise in setting goals and deadlines for other people, and coaching teams to meet those goals or deadlines.
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders, communicate clearly and often, and manage diverse personalities and expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including comfort meeting and talking with new people.
- Maintain a positive, can do, and solutions-oriented attitude in tough situations.
- Strong data analysis skills, and the ability to read a report and take action.
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work.
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes and progressive management practices.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Knows how to use VAN voter database software, Excel, and/or Google Suite.
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary of $50,000. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement of up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a termed position with an expected end date of November 30, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Job Family Salaried Non-Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Arizona, USA