National Organizing Coordinator
Organization: Community Outreach Group
Job Title: National Organizing Coordinator
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
About the Position
This position will provide operational and organizing support to Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s (PPFA) national organizing team within the Organizing and Electoral Campaign department/ Specifically, this role will provide senior staff administrative support, event planning, and DC organizing efforts. This position provides operational support for the national organizing and training team. This position will support and execute organizing programs as assigned to support the overall goals of the national organizing and training team. The ideal candidate is high-energy, thrives in a fast-paced work environment, learns quickly, can think on their feet, has a strong commitment to racial and gender equity, and has a passion for social change. Must be able to multitask between operations, event planning, and organizing work.
The National Organizing Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the primary operations liaison to the national organizing team including direct administrative support and day to day calendar and workflow management for the National Director of Organizing
- Provide staffing support and strategic scheduling support to the National Director of Organizing
- Plan and execute logistics for large scale organizing events and campaigns across multiple departments and Planned Parenthood affiliates
- Assist with internal communications regarding field activities, including reports, newsletters, and updates to senior staff
- At least one cycle of electoral campaign experience or community or issue-based organizing experience required
- Experience as a Planned Parenthood staff member or volunteer leader preferred
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt, associate-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary of $50,000. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of December 31, 2021.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Job Family Salaried Non-Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal