Digital Organizer - Volunteer Activation Specialist
Community Outreach Group: Community Outreach Group
Job Title: Digital Organizer - Volunteer Activation Specialist
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
The stakes have never been higher for health care, abortion access, reproductive rights, and our democracy — and the opportunity has never been greater.
Access to sexual and reproductive healthcare faces an unprecedented threat as Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization heads to a Supreme Court with a six-justice conservative majority. And yet, a significant majority of people support access to abortion and sexual and reproductive healthcare.
In 2021, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, alongside a broad and diverse coalition that spans national and state and southern leadership, must mobilize supporters to demonstrate the strong, committed support for abortion access, making clear that not only do we reject further backsliding on access, but we demand greater protections for reproductive rights.
Community Outreach Group is seeking an enthusiastic Volunteer Activation Specialist to serve as a part of Planned Parenthood’s digital organizing team. In this role the Volunteer Activation Specialist will manage outreach to supporters to recruit them to upcoming events and mobilizations to take action on current campaigns. The Volunteer Activation Specialist will be tasked with building a team of volunteers responsible for recruiting recurring volunteers by mass texting volunteer leads from ads and other online actions. The Volunteer Activation Specialist is also responsible for building and maintaining a culture within the volunteer team that welcomes and supports the diversity of PPFA volunteers. The candidate should feel comfortable or open to learning how to run a data-driven program that values testing and innovation.
If you’re fired up and ready to organize at an unprecedented moment in time, we urge you to apply.
- Work with the Digital Organizing team to break down overall goals, develop timelines and work plans, and produce reports to tell the story of the volunteer team’s progress.
- Project management of a 50-state digital organizing recruitment strategy and national volunteer text team that will recruit and train new volunteers to text hundreds of thousands of supporters and recruit volunteers into other national teams.
- Collaborate with the Digital Fundraising and Supporter Engagement team to develop a program calendar and schedule SMS and email blasts to recruit volunteers.
- Manage the national volunteer text team to train and support team members to complete weekly volunteer activities and tasks.
- Recruit volunteers to participate in weekly events and rapid response actions and campaigns.
- Utilize digital tools such as the peer-to-peer texting platform Hustle to recruit, organize, and continuously engage a distributed volunteer network.
- Create the infrastructure and maintenance plan to manage a national volunteer texting team.
- Draft SMS, email, and/or peer-to-peer text copy as needed.
Ensure client and organizational satisfaction and completion of all program goals and obligations.
Applicants for this position should bring the following knowledge, abilities, and attitude:
- Experience running field or digital organizing programs, volunteer training, or volunteer management.
- Expertise setting goals and deadlines with team members, and coaching volunteers to meet goals or deadlines.
- Strong data analysis skills, and the ability to read a report and suggest changes based on reports.
- Understands or open to learning VAN voter database software, Hustle, Slack, Excel, and Google Suite.
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders, communicate clearly and often.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including building relationships and engaging with new people.
- Maintain a positive, can do, and solutions-oriented attitude in tough situations.
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work.
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes and progressive management practices.
Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
We especially encourage applications from people who bring some of these additional skills or experiences:
- Excited to scale and grow volunteer teams nationally.
- Believes we have a unique opportunity to organize and mobilize virtual action in these unprecedented times.
- Has worked with volunteers, particularly those who are young people and/or Black, Indigenous, People of Color.
- Values centering equity and working collaboratively in teams with different stakeholders.
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
This is a full-time, exempt, entry-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary of $47,000. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of December 31, 2021.
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
- Job Family Salaried Non-Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal