Under general supervision, the Purchasing Clerk will be responsible for various aspects of the purchasing cycle, which may include the research of items requested and recommendation of alternative products, sending requests out to bid with suppliers and vendors and meeting Company needs in terms of budget and quality of goods supplied.
1. Responsible for assisting in the purchase and procurement of goods to the Casino as follows:
a. Review, update, verify/audit and maintain vendor performance to assure consistency in quality of product, service and pricing.
b. Researching all products and substitute products and placing items out to bid with vendors to attract the best possible pricing and reduce costs to the Company.
c. Creates bid orders, purchase orders and follows goods from purchase to delivery, verifies approvals have been received and that orders are processed
d. Source and procure products in sufficient quantity and quality to ensure availability
e. Communicate potential market disruptions to management
f. Make purchase decisions and manage process for order fulfillment
g. Maintain and develop good relations within vendor community
h. Evaluate the accuracy of system inventory comparing stock status to physical
2. Maintain, review, verify/audit and update all Cost Centers/Departments transfer and requisition forms for correct items, item numbers, pricing, accuracy and item description accuracy and consistency.
3. Analyzes and maintains purchasing data with regards to recent orders requested, items needed, and potential substitutes as required by the Purchasing/Receiving Manager and/or department.
4. Assists the Purchasing/Receiving Manager to ensure that all Casino and departmental policies and procedures are enforced for accounting purposes and audit/tax requirements
5. Responsible for maintaining all Purchasing process and procedures are followed and correct forms, paper trail/back-up used and maintained for: adding or deleting items. Changing any information in Cost Centers/Departments. Any forms or reporting formats affected by changes requested by other departments. Any information effecting inventory, costing, usage and information effecting reporting dollars.
6. Monitors open Purchase Orders and follow-up with Accounting for payment.
7. Performs all other work-related duties as assigned by Purchasing Manager.
Education: High School graduate with some higher learning experience preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum one to two years’ experience in Purchasing, preferably in Hospitality Industry, to include placing items out to bid, vendor price negotiation and vendor management.
Must possess an ability to work with minimal supervision and make educated ethical decisions as necessary. Must have effective communication skills with all levels of employees and be able to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment. Must demonstrate an ability to work independently and to prepare detailed professional correspondence, memoranda, related to the
employee’s duties. Will be responsible to continue with training to stay current with all changes and standards. A general knowledge of the Windows based computer operating systems is also required. Familiarity with Redrock a plus.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA