Senior Data Scientist (Biostatistician)
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Evaluation and Health Informatics, the Senior Data Scientist will support the company’s health strategy through data and analytics. This role will work across functional business areas and is accountable for the compilation and application of diverse and disparate data sources. They will use large data sets to find opportunities for process optimization and use models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. The Senior Biostatistician will use a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, use a variety of data tools, build and implement models, use/create algorithms, and create/run simulations. This role will drive business results with their data-based insights and will work with a wide range of stakeholders and teams.
- Assumes lead expertise for compiling complex datasets across the organization and external resources for analysis and advanced analytics. Assumes lead expertise in conducting analyses and advanced analytics on those data.
- Acts as lead expert in the use of predictive modeling to increase and optimize health and business outcomes. Is accountable for overseeing health strategy modeling and methodology. This also includes reviewing relevant literature.
- Acts as lead expert in the application of machine learning as part of clinical informatics projects and analytics.
- Mines and analyzes data from diverse company databases to drive optimization and improve business strategies.
- Collaborates with teams across the organization to implement models, design evaluation processes, and monitor health outcomes. Conducts or leads appropriate statistical analyses in evaluation projects and monitoring of health outcomes.
- Assesses the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources, models, and data gathering techniques used by the company.
- Accountable for the development of and execution of contract deliverable reports.
Education: Master’s degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other relevant field required with relevant experience. PhD highly preferred.
Experience: Minimum five years’ work experience in data management and manipulation in longitudinal and relational databases using SQL, R, or SAS. Previous experience in public health or healthcare with regards to health outcomes reporting, epidemiology, and biostatistics and/or population health analytics preferred. Experience or a basic familiarity with health plan operations preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Demonstrated expertise in study design beyond graduate coursework. Demonstrated experience with multivariate regression, count analysis (e.g., negative binomial and zero inflated regression), longitudinal data analysis, and machine learning. Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access) and relevant statistical programs. Demonstrates support for the company’s mission, vision and values. Must be skilled in a minimum of two statistical computing languages, such as SQL, SAS, R, etc. Must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, and willing to be a leader with this work. Position requires excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, strong organizational skills and teamwork skills. Required to manage multiple priorities and projects with tight deadlines.
Licenses/Certifications: A valid driver's license and proof of current auto insurance will be required for any position requiring driving.
*Due to the pandemic, our employees are temporarily working at home. We require our workforce to reside in Colorado and telecommute, which may require you to come into the office as we serve our local communities.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation: $65,250.00 to $102,500.00 annually. Pay rate/salary to be commensurate with experience.
Benefits: In addition to being part of a mission driven organization that serves our community, eligible Colorado Access employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date.
- Supplemental insurance such as critical illness and accidental injury.
- Healthcare and Dependent care flexible spending account options.
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D (employee, spouse and dependent).
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Coverage.
- Voluntary Life Insurance (employee, spouse, dependent).
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement (based on eligibility).
- Annual bonus program (based on eligibility, requirements and performance).
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $65,250.00
- Max Hiring Rate $102,000.00
- 11100 E Bethany Dr, Aurora, CO 80014, USA