Director of Sales - Bell Harbor International Conference Center
Seattle's premier waterfront conference venue features 18 meeting rooms totaling 100,000 square feet with capacity for up to 6,000 guests. A multiple recipient of the Planners Choice Award from Successful Meetings and MeetingNews, Bell Harbor features panoramic views of downtown Seattle and Puget Sound, Northwest-inspired cuisine and complimentary high-speed internet with REAL bandwidth! Bell Harbor is a member of the International Association of Conference Centers (IACC), ensuring a superior meeting experience with state-of-the-art audiovisual, Herman Miller chairs made for comfort, and well-lit meeting space.
Additional venues offered via the Bell Harbor sales team include Smith Cove Cruise Terminal located on Seattle's Magnolia waterfront with over 96,000 square feet of event space perfect for trade shows and large events, and directly adjacent to Bell Harbor the Maritime Event Center, a less traditional space that adds a nautical-themed backdrop to weddings and social events.
Director of Sales
It’s more than a job.
It’s a journey.
At Columbia Hospitality, we want our team members invested for the long-haul, so we take care of our team members first. We believe that empowered and appreciated team members are the first step to success. How do we take care of our team members?
- We empower the career you want. Curious about culinary? Want to become a General Manager? Always dreamed of living in Montana? Where you start with Columbia is just the beginning and we’re here to help you turn your passion into a meaningful career in hospitality.
- Awesome perks. Seriously. Travel, dine, spa and golf at properties across the portfolio at deep discounts because you deserve to be our guest, too. Oh, and did we mention you can share them with your family?
- OMG Culture. What’s that? Well, it’s our acronym for Own the Values, Make it Fun, and Get it Done. It’s that simple.
- Robust benefits. Yes, we offer competitive wages, excellent health benefits, 401k, and more.
Sound like the fit for you? Start your journey with Columbia Hospitality.
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Paid Time Off (Because Balance Matters)
• 401K Match (Free Money)
• Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
• Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• Team Member Outings
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
• Ability to Climb the Ladder
• Online Learning Platform to Help You Grow!
THE BRASS TACKS
- Prepares annual strategic group sales plan and revenue budget. Has input on department expenses for salaries and marketing expenses for sales efforts. Aligns with General Manager and Marketing Manager for overall Sales and Marketing Strategic Plan.
- Generates sales manager’s annual goals, monitors progress and submits quarterly documentation required for incentive payouts at quarter closing.
- Meets and exceeds expectations for gross revenue for assigned revenue targets (examples; guest rooms, banquet, catering, misc. revenues).
- Maintains and conducts industry research to be able to project future business volume and trends.
- Ensures the accurate production of monthly closing reports, monthly owner’s reports, booking pace report and forecasting reports.
- Reports weekly achievements for prospecting, inquiries, activities and industry events.
- Manages group yielding efforts with support from General Manager and Revenue Manager.
- Maintains department standards and implements systems, including sales & event platform management.
- Conducting 1:1 with team and holding to quarter OMG check-in’s and SMART goal review.
- Oversees weekly sales meetings preparing in advance and shifting sales strategy as needed.
- Implements corrective action and reward programs as appropriate.
- Communicates standards internally and creates collaborations between departments.
- Achieve quarterly/annual sales goal both individually and for the team.
- Maintains relationships and is an active member within the community by attending networking events.
- Required to achieve weekly/monthly prospecting goals and sales activities.
- Hires, mentors and trains sales & event planning managers insuring that the team is competent in all sales aspects.
- Responds to inquires in a timely manner.
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or 7+years’ experience in a Sales Management role at a hotel, or similar environment.
- The ability to effectively present information and responds to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- The ability to solve practical problems when only limited standardization exists.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills and strong customer relations skills.
- Strong computer skills: Full knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Outlook, Excel and Word. Event Planning Program knowledge, specifically Delphi FDC, is required. Knowledge of room diagramming/layout program preferred.
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
- Job Family Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Telecommute % 40
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Job Start Date Monday, October 18, 2021
- Bell Harbor Conference Center, 2211 Alaskan Way, Seattle, Washington, United States of America