Director of Operations - Hotel Indigo
Hotel Indigo offers 142 rooms, more than 8,000 square feet of event space, Jetty Bar & Grille serving a seafood menu inspired by the Pacific Northwest, and an indoor swimming pool. The hotel is a central part of the Port of Everett's redevelopment, Waterfront Place, and is surrounded by parks, housing, restaurants, docks, and more.
Director of Operations
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
It’s more than a job.
It’s a journey.
At Columbia Hospitality, we want our team members invested for the long-haul, so we take care of our team members first. We believe that empowered and appreciated team members are the first step to success. How do we take care of our team members?
- We empower the career you want. Curious about culinary? Want to become a General Manager? Always dreamed of living in Montana? Where you start with Columbia is just the beginning and we’re here to help you turn your passion into a meaningful career in hospitality.
- Awesome perks. Seriously. Travel, dine, spa and golf at properties across the portfolio at deep discounts because you deserve to be our guest, too. Oh, and did we mention you can share them with your family?
- OMG Culture. What’s that? Well, it’s our acronym for Own the Values, Make it Fun, and Get it Done. It’s that simple.
- Robust benefits. Yes, we offer competitive wages, excellent health benefits, 401k, and more.
Sound like the fit for you? Start your journey with Columbia Hospitality.
The Brass Tacks
• Primary focus on the oversight of the Food & Beverage Division
• Works with General Manager on ensuring the hotel is run efficient and effectively
• Establishes and maintains a positive, professional relationship with clients through effective, timely, and reliable communication.
• Contributes to the sales effort by encouraging repeat business.
• Follows established operational policies and procedures as they relate to group events.
• Obtains necessary information from the client to ensure efficient operational execution and client satisfaction to.
• Distributes all pertinent information to the operating departments in a timely and detailed manner based on the procedures in place.
• Develops and maintains favorable working relationships and open communication with all departments.
• Communicates operational problems, assists with special projects, and attends daily and weekly meetings.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Paid Time Off (Because Balance Matters)
• 401K Match (Free Money)
• Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
• Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• Team Member Outings
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
• Ability to Climb the Ladder
• Online Learning Platform to Help You Grow!
The Nitty Gritty
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four year College or University, or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The ability to read, write, and speak English fluently is required to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• The ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and special orientation.
• The ability to solve practical problems when only limited standardization exists.
• The ability to interpret written and oral instructions.
• Must possess basic negotiation skills and strong customer relations skills.
• Strong computer skills: Full knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Outlook, Excel and Word.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
- Pay Type Salary
- Hotel Indigo, 1028 13th Street, Everett, Washington, United States of America