Engineering Supervisor - North Shore Golf Course
North Shore Golf Course offers a classic Northwest golf experience featuring lakes and Sequoia and Douglas fir tree-lined fairways. The par-71 course includes 50 bunkers and will provide the perfect challenge for the avid golfer. On the Greens Restaurant is a great spot for a quick snack or a complete dining experience and features seating indoors as well as on the outside patio overlooking the putting greens.
Engineering Supervisor/Turf Equipment Technician - Golf
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
It’s more than a job.
It’s a journey.
At Columbia Hospitality, we want our team members invested for the long-haul, so we take care of our team members first. We believe that empowered and appreciated team members are the first step to success. How do we take care of our team members?
- Curious about culinary? Want to become a General Manager? Always dreamed of living in Montana? Where you start with Columbia is just the beginning and we’re here to help you turn your passion into a meaningful career in hospitality.We empower the career you want.
- Seriously. Travel, dine, spa and golf at properties across the portfolio at deep discounts because you deserve to be our guest, too. Oh, and did we mention you can share them with your family?Awesome perks.
- What’s that? Well, it’s our acronym for Own the Values, Make it Fun, and Get it Done. It’s that simple.OMG Culture.
- Yes, we offer competitive wages, excellent health benefits, 401k, and more.Robust benefits.
Sound like the fit for you? Start your journey with Columbia Hospitality.
The Brass Tacks
* Maintain and repair turf equipment, golf cart fleet, and driving range equipment.
*Ability to repair gas and diesel engines, hydraulic systems, and some metal fabrication.
• Maintain the physical, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems of the grounds and building(s) to ensure efficient functioning.
• Ensure the security, cleanliness, preventive maintenance and repair of all engineering department tools, equipment and safety features are in accordance of established procedures and budgets.
• Ensure all maintenance and engineering storerooms and work spaces are kept in a clean and orderly manner and storing all tools, equipment and spare parts in proper location.
• Responsible for the proper treatment and care of tools and equipment used to perform tasks.
• Responsible to complete delegated work orders in a timely and professional manner.
• Able to work into the evening, nights, weekends and holiday shifts as required.
• Able to provide open and effective lines of communication and address issues or concerns in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Respond to after-hour calls as necessary.
• Reports and addresses unsafe conditions immediately.
• Other tasks as assigned.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Paid Time Off (Because Balance Matters)
• 401K Match (Free Money)
• Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
• Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• Team Member Outings
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
• Ability to Climb the Ladder
• Online Learning Platform to Help You Grow!
THE NITTY GRITTY
• This job involves the repair and maintenance of turf equipment, a golf cart fleet and driving range equipment. Training will be provided to learn the specific skills needed to properly care for, sharpen, rebuild and refurbish turf care equipment.
* A general understanding of electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry and mechanical systems is desirable.
• Must be able to complete all types of work orders generated for engineering
• Ability to lead a group and follow-up on assigned tasks
• Ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, effective in communication, and customer service focused
• • Ability to perform maintenance and general repair.
• Must have knowledge and the ability to operate tools, hand tools and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
• Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks and work in stressful situations.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, November 1, 2021
- North Shore Golf Club, 4101 North Shore Blvd NE, Tacoma, Washington, United States of America