Front Office Manager- The LARK
The LARK is where Bozeman begins - a 67 room hotel in the heart of downtown. It is a community-powered inspiration featuring the sights, sounds, and people of Bozeman as part of every room, and every stay is built on the experiences available just outside their doors. From Main Street to the mountains, The LARK encourages the spirit of discovery that defines the Montana traveler. The expertise and passion of The LARK team means that when you're there, you'll know the best things to do and the right things to seek out. Let them be your guide.
Uniquely designed to offer everything you need and nothing you don't, The LARK's modern but comfortable guestrooms offer a variety of configurations. Each room features graphic art pieces created by local artists who love in the area and want you to be as inspired by Montana as they are.
Front Office Manager
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
It’s more than a job.
It’s a journey.
At Columbia Hospitality, we want our team members invested for the long-haul, so we take care of our team members first. We believe that empowered and appreciated team members are the first step to success. How do we take care of our team members?
- We empower the career you want. Curious about culinary? Want to become a General Manager? Always dreamed of living in Montana? Where you start with Columbia is just the beginning and we’re here to help you turn your passion into a meaningful career in hospitality.
- Awesome perks. Seriously. Travel, dine, spa and golf at properties across the portfolio at deep discounts because you deserve to be our guest, too. Oh, and did we mention you can share them with your family?
- OMG Culture. What’s that? Well, it’s our acronym for Own the Values, Make it Fun, and Get it Done. It’s that simple.
- Robust benefits. Yes, we offer competitive wages, excellent health benefits, 401k, and more.
Sound like the fit for you? Start your journey with Columbia Hospitality.
The Brass Tacks
• Supervising procedural aspects of the hotel’s front office (Including Front Desk, Valet, PBX, and Reservations if applicable), maintaining a presence during peak traffic periods.
• Ensuring guest and employee needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable.
• Performing front desk agent duties as necessary, such as registration, check out and processing room reservations for guests.
• Ensuring proper execution of VIP requirements, including room requests, amenity placement, welcome letters, gifts, etc.
• Ensuring that all safety and security policies and procedures are followed.
• Assisting with the training, coaching and development of team members.
• Assisting with interviewing team members.
• Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events.
• Preparing daily reports and distributing as directed.
• Understanding of all front office standards and assisting in solving deficiencies.
• Supplying guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest.
• Completing designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
• Following all company policies and procedures; reporting accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
• Maintaining confidentiality of proprietary information; protecting company assets.
• Welcoming and acknowledging all guests according to company standards.
• Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
• Performing other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Paid Time Off (Because Balance Matters)
• 401K Match (Free Money)
• Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
• Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• Team Member Outings
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
• Ability to Climb the Ladder
• Online Learning Platform to Help You Grow!
The Nitty Gritty
• High school diploma
• 1-year front desk supervisory or lead experience in a luxury hotel property required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Experience leading a team
• Previous customer service or guest relations experience required
• The ability to read, write, and speak English fluently is required to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• The ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and special orientation.
• The ability to solve practical problems when only limited standardization exists.
• The ability to interpret written and oral instructions.
• Must possess basic negotiation skills and strong customer relations skills.
• Strong computer skills: Full knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Outlook, Excel and Word.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
- Pay Type Salary
- The Lark, 122 West Main St, Bozeman, Montana, United States of America