Morning Breakfast and Banquet Cook/Steward - Icicle Village Resort
Tucked away in the charming Bavarian town of Leavenworth sits the enchanting Icicle Village Resort. Minutes away from the picturesque and bustling Front Street, this resort offers 160 guest accommodations including hotel rooms, suites, and condominiums. With the majestic Cascade mountain range as your backdrop, this property includes over 9,200 square feet of event space, including an outdoor tented garden. Guests can also enjoy onsite dining at JJ Hills Fresh Grill, serving dinner seven days a week.
Whether it is summer, winter, or any season in between, Icicle Village Resort provides guests with an abundance of daily and weekly activities such as yoga classes, s'mores by the firepit, kids crafts, wine tasting, and of course all the fun of the Junction Activity Center, complete with mini golf, basketball, disc golf, indoor game room, and more.
Morning Breakfast and Banquet Cook/Steward
Tired of working nights? You should consider joining Icicle Village Resort for a beautiful morning view of the mountains. We are looking for an experienced cook to join our morning crew serving breakfast to our guests and prepping for banquets. The shift is 6:00am to 2:30pm, Wednesday-Sunday. Other shifts available as well.
THE BRASS TACKS • Utilizes specification sheets to prepare daily preparation requirements, maintains par levels of necessary items • Prepares new menu items under direction of supervisor • Ensures attractive, consistent presentations of food items, both buffet and plated • Interacts/supervises line cooks to monitor quality, presentation and consistency of food items prepared • Handles all needs and accommodates customer requests in a timely manner • Sets up, re-stocks, maintains, and cleans food preparation areas • Responsible for ensuring presentation standards are meet for all hot and cold items • Reads and interprets recipes • Conducts product inventories, ordering and receiving of product • Responsible for team maintenance of grooming standards • Responsible for team adherence to standards for sanitation and safe food handling • Responsible for all opening and closing kitchen procedures
It’s more than a job.
It’s a journey.
At Columbia Hospitality, we want our team members invested for the long-haul, so we take care of our team members first. We believe that empowered and appreciated team members are the first step to success. How do we take care of our team members?
- We empower the career you want. Curious about culinary? Want to become a General Manager? Always dreamed of living in Montana? Where you start with Columbia is just the beginning and we’re here to help you turn your passion into a meaningful career in hospitality.
- Awesome perks. Seriously. Travel, dine, spa and golf at properties across the portfolio at deep discounts because you deserve to be our guest, too. Oh, and did we mention you can share them with your family?
- OMG Culture. What’s that? Well, it’s our acronym for Own the Values, Make it Fun, and Get it Done. It’s that simple.
- Robust benefits. Yes, we offer competitive wages, excellent health benefits, 401k, and more.
Sound like the fit for you? Start your journey with Columbia Hospitality.
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Paid Time Off (Because Balance Matters)
• 401K Match (Free Money)
• Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
• Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• Team Member Outings
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
• Ability to Climb the Ladder
• Online Learning Platform to Help You Grow!
The Nitty Gritty
• 5+ years industry experience
• Able to cook proteins to pre-determined temperatures
• Ability to cook and direct a banquet up to 100 with a help of a small team
• Necessary State Food Handler’s License(s)
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
•Knowledge of specialized equipment: Mastering of slicer, Robo-coup, Hobart, convection ovens
• Must possess knife skills, the ability to adjust preparations for flavor, and accommodate customer’s needs in a timely manner
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $17.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- Icicle Village Resort, 505 US-2, Leavenworth, Washington, United States of America