Community Hab Skill Developer - 3161-528-H
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Community Habilitation Skill Developer is responsible to provide training, instruction and assistance to mentally retarded and developmentally disabled individuals in their homes and in their community, with the aim of accomplishing valued outcomes as stated in their Community Habilitation Plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for the implementation of the Community Habilitation Plan to individuals in their homes and/or the community by providing instruction as it relates to their individualized valued outcomes.
* Responsible for documenting contemporaneously the individuals’ valued outcomes on the billing document derived from their Community Habilitation Plan.
* Responsible for submitting a monthly progress note related to the individuals’ response to their valued outcomes as stated in the Community Habilitation Plan.
* Responsible to ensure health, safety and welfare of consumers at all times.
* Responsible for reporting any unusual occurrences or situations to the Supervisor of the Community Habilitation Program immediately.
* Responsible to submit a parent/consumer verification form weekly to ensure staff was present at the family’s home and that services are delivered.
* Attend all scheduled meetings and in-services as required.
* Submit Bi-Weekly Timesheets, to the supervisor.
* Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
* High School Diploma or G.E.D.
* AA degree preferred
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
* At least one year of experience serving the disabled population in the community and their homes preferred.
* Knowledge of Home and Community Based Waiver, and the ability to keep up to date pertaining to such knowledge.
* Understanding of Person Centered Planning.
* Reasonable flexibility in work hours and ability to respond to the scheduling needs of the individual and or program training.
* Ability to follow directions well and exhibit good decision-making, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to establish and maintain a working relationship with consumers and their families
* Must be able to take initiative and have the ability to problem solve, handle emergency/crisis situations.
* Must be reliable, dependable and flexible and have the ability to evaluate the individuals’ needs.
* Bilingual a plus
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Re-ensure tuberculosis clearance annually (PPD/X-Ray).
* Requires to work both inside and outside in hot/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
* Ability to assist in transferring of adult individuals in and out of wheelchairs and or to provide physical support to adults when needed to ensure their safety and well-being.
* Must be able to frequently lift up to 30 lbs.
* Must be able to sit or stand for more than 4 hours at a time.
* Frequent kneeling, bending, reaching, and climbing stairs.
* Must be able to keep body balance in order to provide physical support to consumers.
* Must be able to talk, hear, smell have good close or distance vision.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 91-14 Merrick Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11432, USA