VGS is seeking a Program Manager. The Program Manager role will be split 60/40 between business development and contract management respectively.
- Be responsible for identification, evaluation, and development of new business opportunities commensurate with the strategic business plan. Vet opportunities using research tools, existing relationships and industry partners.
- Gather detailed Intel on scope, positions, level of effort, timeline, net value, and customer hot buttons, to develop strategies for technical, management, and cost proposal approaches.
- Prepare RFI responses, and manage, develop, and contribute significantly to contract proposal preparation.
- Work actively within the organization and with related and third party companies to develop appropriate alliances and win strategies.
- Brief weekly on all opportunities with detailed analysis and pWin estimates to assist in bid/no bid decisions.
- Independently, or as a member of a team, identify prospective clients and provide corporate capability briefings.
- Work independently, or as a member of a team, with Directors, Program Managers, functional groups, and senior members to provide business and management assistance, identify issues, and work to achieve positive corporate outcomes.
- Work with multiple PMs to develop, manage, and track project spend plans and contract deliverables
- Consolidate high-level project information (scope, schedule, and budget) for monthly reporting to the Director
- Conduct project setup and onboard personnel
- Work with PMs to track, oversee, and QA contract level deliverables
- Help Project Managers identify vendors for various products and services and develop and manage subcontracts for multiple projects
· Identify new organic opportunities with existing customers / parallel organizations
- Maintain fruitful relationships with existing customers
· Promote a culture of business development across all project staff.
- Have an advanced degree in a relevant field of endeavor.
- Preferred candidate will have significant, military or Government industry experience and a proven track record of successful business development.
- Ten (10) years of direct business and organizational development experience in the Government/military sector.
- Government contracting experience is a significant plus.
- Must have current, active client contacts within the Military Health sector as well as Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) - Atlantic.
- Be able to work independently and travel up to 30-40% of time
- Candidates MUST have U.S. citizenship and be able to pass a Government background investigation.
- Pay Type Salary
- San Antonio, TX, USA