STS Systems Support is seeking a Master Diver to support operations at Davis Monthan AFB, AZ,
The candidate shall research available and emerging technologies and work with the customer diving program manager to identify areas where technology advances in diving and maritime operations can benefit the customer. Specifically, the candidate should look for solutions to technology gaps, resource protection, and enhanced equipment training methodology that will save training time, funding, or enhance combat survivability of operators during water operations.
Technical: The candidate shall assist the customer by providing technical experience in the operation and maintenance of assigned diving equipment, boats and outboard motors, and operate boats during unit dive operations at the discretion of the customer. In addition, candidate dive locker candidates shall support development of waterborne operations procedures designed to enhance the combat readiness and collective skills of customer operator personnel.
- Schedule, direct, and monitor 3M system while keeping abreast of changes/directives issued by the US Navy.
- Administer all daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual or greater 3M maintenance requirements for assigned diving related equipment.
- Conduct inventories of Special Tactics diving equipment, watercraft, and engines.
- Schedule calibration of all diving related gauges and special instruments.
- Contract hydrostatic testing of SCUBA and oxygen bottles to IAW Department of Transportation regulations.
- Maintain and repair assigned boats, outboard engines, and other related equipment in the most economical way possible based on available facilities and extent of repairs required.
- Schedule and complete routine preventive maintenance and minor repairs as necessary.
- Maintain and update regulations, publications, and directives required by Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and the Naval Safety Center pertaining to waterborne operations.
- Advise users concerning equipment capabilities and maintenance requirements.
- Work to resolve maintenance problems and advise users of problems outside the candidate’s ability to overcome.
- Maintain the Naval Safety Center Dive/Jump Reporting System, provide quality assurance inspection of dive related information, make entries into the system and provide GA RQS divers with copies of Personal Dive Logs.
- When requested, and at the discretion of the Rescue Squadrons, the contractor shall provide boat support during maritime training operations as boat operator.
- Use and operation of Navy Dive Computer, training of oxygen handling and transfer procedures.
The candidate will possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- The candidate will be a DoD certified Master Diver or Diver First Class.
- Military diving experience and credibility in the Navy dive community are essential to successful delivery of the required service.
- Three (3) year experience knowledge of US Navy recompression chamber operation and have a thorough familiarity with recognition and treatment of diving emergencies as outlined in the US Navy Diving Manual.
- Three (3) experience in and demonstrate familiarity in certification and maintenance of high-pressure air systems and US Navy underwater breathing equipment and support systems.
- Three (3) year experience implementing and employing the US Navy Dive/Jump Reporting System and the 3M system as it applies to diving for near, mid, and long-term equipment requirements.
- Three (3) experience in reading blueprints and schematic drawings, understand specifications, and interpret illustrated parts breakdowns and other publications used in the field of specialization.
- Three (3) experience knowledge of US Navy dive regulations, MAJCOM and USAF regulatory guidelines and instructions to maximize the commands capability.
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Pay Type Salary
- Davis Monthan AFB, Tucson, AZ 85707, USA