Senior Compliance Manager
Virtual Req #712
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Responsibilities include implementation and ongoing preservation of corporate standards for quality assurance, internal controls, reporting, audit preparation and development and maintenance of policies, procedures and trainings. Works to ensure compliance with federal, state and local affordable housing programs and funding sources. This is a remote or hybrid position.
- Assist to provide regulatory oversight and compliance support to newly acquired properties as well as existing established communities. May include procedure review, training and special projects as assigned.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of policies, procedures and trainings within the compliance department ensuring compliance with regulatory, agency and investor requirements.
- Assist with inspections, audits which can include MORs, LIHTC, HOME, Bond, and CPA. Includes working with agencies, investors and CPA firms and coordinating with the property staff and their supervisors to mitigate findings and provide remedial training as needed.
- Act as Coordinator (WASS & EIV) for all HUD Online System platforms including EIV, TRACS, IMAX, FASSUB, and PASS and manage access following company and government agency rules, regulations, and guidelines. Assist with training and providing guidance on EIV discrepancies. Follow up with IREMS status for newly acquired or disposed properties.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual compliance reporting in coordination with Senior Compliance Coordinator and Senior VP of Administration and Compliance. Maintain tracking system for reporting. Interface with property and corporate team members to complete reports.
- Responsible for the maintenance, tracking and oversight of lead paint disclosures at properties built prior to 1978 and the maintenance of paper and electronic file storage. Provide support and guidance to properties to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Oversee compliance requirements for the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) including document management, training and providing guidance to property and corporate teams
- Provide oversight to Compliance Managers
- Associate's Degree required
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience in multi-family housing industry.
- Professional knowledge of government subsidy regulations and COS expertise gained through experience and education. Residential property management and housing compliance experience required
- Computer Literacy - Skilled with Microsoft applications (Office 365), property management software (Yardi preferred), HUD online system experience preferred. May produce complex documents, perform analysis, and maintain databases.
- Written Communications - Communicate effectively complex information in writing to all levels of staff, management, and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications - Verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate, and persuade others.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) designation (or equivalent) required
- C3P LIHTC Certification (or equivalent) required.
- Property Management certification preferred
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities - 2018, 2019, 2020 Boston Globe's Top Places to Work!!
At Beacon, we strive to make a difference in our residents’ lives. We build outstanding communities that make enduring contributions to the vitality of our cities and towns. We create communities that serve a diverse cross section of our society. Our communities are healthy and vibrant. Why? Because they are planned with care, consideration, and compassion.
Company Overview: Founded in 2004, Beacon Communities LLC is a privately-owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multifamily housing. Beacon currently owns and manages approximately 18,000 apartments including affordable housing, market rate housing, and mixed income-housing. Its developments range from new construction, to historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing housing.
- Job Family Compliance
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree