Hyde Park, Boston, MA, USA Req #711
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
CERTIFIED OCCUPANCY SPECIALIST in Training
General Statement of Duties: Interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy. Acts as the Company’s representative by conveying the benefits of the community. Assists with the leasing and recertification process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Processes income certifications/recertifications for multiple affordable housing programs and updates Yardi database.
- Greets applicants and provides instruction and guidance to prospective residents during application process.
- Learns the leasing process, including intakes, interviews, processing and preparation of applications, and their distribution.
- Coordinates and maintains waiting list.
- Assists with rent collection efforts by mailing notices to delinquent residents.
- Helps prepare lease packages and supplemental documents for new move-ins.
- Assists with new resident orientation.
- Fosters a positive, active, and collaborative relationship with residents, communities, and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Works patiently, professionally, and cooperatively with residents and staff to provide high quality customer service.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Education and Experience: High School Degree or equivalent is preferred.
Qualifications and Skills: Basic math proficiency preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel preferred; highly motivated and able to work independently; excellent organizational and proofreading skills; attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills; ability to be an active team member within the Company.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
COS Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Self Development, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities - 2018, 2019, 2020 Boston Globe's Top Places to Work!!
At Beacon, we strive to make a difference in our residents’ lives. We build outstanding communities that make enduring contributions to the vitality of our cities and towns. We create communities that serve a diverse cross section of our society. Our communities are healthy and vibrant. Why? Because they are planned with care, consideration, and compassion.
Company Overview: Founded in 2004, Beacon Communities LLC is a privately-owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multifamily housing. Beacon currently owns and manages approximately 18,000 apartments including affordable housing, market rate housing, and mixed income-housing. Its developments range from new construction, to historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing housing.
- Job Family Compliance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Hyde Park, Boston, MA, USA