Boston, MA, USA Req #708
Thursday, October 7, 2021
Staff Accountant (Corporate) – Home Office
General Statement of Duties: Responsible for daily accounting functions for corporate entities as assigned and participate in the month-end close process to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
Supervision Received: Works under the direction of the Corporate Controller.
Supervision Exercised: None.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
• Maintain books and records in accordance with the company’s internal and external reporting requirements
• Responsible for all aspects of the monthly corporate bank reconciliation process, making necessary adjustments in a timely manner
• Responsible for monthly management company receivables reporting, regularly reviewing receivables and following up on outstanding items
• Assist with month end close including detailed general ledger review for proper account coding and department segments as well as account reconciliations
• Process inter-company billings and monthly inter-company reconciliations
• Preparation of monthly/annual Sales and Use Tax Returns
• Preparation of annual workpapers for audits and tax returns
• Assist with annual budget preparation
• Code corporate payables
• Special projects as needed
Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting
Experience: Some general ledger and month end close experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word preferred. Yardi software experience a plus. Hard-working, self-motivated, with ability to work independently. Must be detail oriented with proven organizational skills. Must possess a desire to learn and move up within the organization. Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure due to work complexity and time sensitivity. Due to time sensitivity of work, position may occasionally require extended hours on during work days, holidays, and/or weekends during peak periods of business.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility
Beacon Accountant Job Competencies:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Personal
Organization, Productivity Equal Opportunity Employer
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities - 2018, 2019, 2020 Boston Globe's Top Places to Work!!
At Beacon, we strive to make a difference in our residents’ lives. We build outstanding communities that make enduring contributions to the vitality of our cities and towns. We create communities that serve a diverse cross section of our society. Our communities are healthy and vibrant. Why? Because they are planned with care, consideration, and compassion.
Company Overview: Founded in 2004, Beacon Communities LLC is a privately-owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multifamily housing. Beacon currently owns and manages approximately 18,000 apartments including affordable housing, market rate housing, and mixed income-housing. Its developments range from new construction, to historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing housing.
- Job Family Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Boston, MA, USA