Management Coordinator - BRM Corporate Office, Boston, MA
General Statement of Duties: Work independently within a team on portfolio-wide initiative with Vice President of Risk Management. An opportunity to interact with cross-function Beacon team members at our communities and in the corporate office and consultants.
Supervision Received: Reports to Vice President of Risk Management
FSLA Status: Nonexempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Oversee all properties’ real estate tax bills and personal property tax bills. Obtain and review bills and interact with tax consultants to provide requested documentation for tax appeal opportunities as well as accounting and various municipalities.
- Coordinate Income and Expense and Personal Property Forms including obtaining forms, coordinating with accounting, submitting prior to the deadlines
- Review Credit Applications from properties for vendors and obtain CFO’s approval.
- Assist with development/updating of department processes, policies, procedures and training materials.
- Other management company and department initiatives.
- Save real estate tax bills and personal property tax bills and log in Excel
- Save credit applications and log in Excel
- Assist Risk Management team with management of the property and liability insurance programs including electronically filing forms, input into Excel spreadsheets, etc.
- Assist with company’s insurance claims by electronically saving documentation
- Gather and verify property data for input into company’s database (BIC)
Education: Associates degree or 1-2 years equivalent experience (accounting, business management, property management experience desirable)
Qualifications and Skills: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where deadline driven and accuracy is essential. Strong organizational and project management skills required. Customer service important and ability to work autonomously with very little supervision. Advance proficiency with Microsoft Applications including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and written communication skills. Highly organized and detailed oriented. Demonstrates strong initiative and high level of professionalism. Ability to enforce and adhere to company policies, rules, and regulations. Fosters positive, active and collaborative relationships at all levels throughout the organization and within associated consultants. Maintains confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
Beacon Core Competencies:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Functional Job Competencies:
Communication, Quality, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills.
May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/training seminars.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Risk Management
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Boston, MA, USA