Residential Counselor I - Pat Ree Drive
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
Your position as residential counselor supports this mission as you regularly provide direct care services to adults living in a moderate/basic Bay Cove residential program in a manner that promotes the development of independent and community living skills and an improved quality of life. This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
· Follows program model including clinical, programmatic and quality protocols (for example, house, staff, supervision meetings, trainings, data collection, community relationships, as required).
· Exercises strong clinical judgement in observing, supporting, resourcing and communicating.
· Teaches and reinforces activities of daily living (such as medication management, hygiene, cleaning, personal property management, relationship development, budgeting, and safety).
· Implements and develops program activities to reinforce and develop skills which may include using the teachable moment.
· Follows and implements all program safety procedures including crisis assessment, prevention and needed intervention.
· Accompanies individuals to medical, dental and psychiatric appointments or leisure activities via public transportation or agency vehicle.
· Maintains programmatic documentation.
· Performs household and property maintenance tasks toward the general upkeep of the residence.
· Provides specialized training and instruction to individuals and coworkers (such as in the role of Medication Officer, Human Rights Officer, Van Officer, Safety Officer or Activities Coordinator) on an assigned basis.
· Performs other duties and projects as assigned by supervising personnel.
Requirements for the Position:
· 1-3 years’ experience in human service setting preferred.
· GED or High School Diploma required.
· Department of Public Health certification in medication administration is required. *Applicants lacking Medication Certification must become certified within 90 days of date of hire to retain employment*.
· Certified in Prevent Training. *Applicants lacking Prevent Certification must become certified within 90 days of date of hire to retain employment*.
· Current driver's license and maintains a safe driving record.
· A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
· Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
· Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
· Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
· Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
· Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/partners.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Taunton, MA, USA