Shelter Stabilization Worker Per-Diem - Residential - Bay View Inn
The Shelter Stabilization Worker provides day to day support and skills training to individuals living in a dual-diagnosis emergency shelter. This Shelter Stabilization Worker contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by providing services in a strengths-based, person-centered, trauma-informed, and culturally and linguistically competent manner that assists guests in realizing their goal of obtaining housing. This is a non-exempt position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Functions of Position:
- Engages in relationship building with shelter guests with sensitivity to the needs of the long term homeless population with concurrent mental health and substance use issues and fosters a community of safety and respect.
- Engages guests in conversation regarding housing goals and next steps to be taken in order to reach those goals.
- Teaches and role-models skills in the areas of grooming, hygiene, housekeeping, communication/social skills, and recreational activities.
- Administers medications in accordance with MAP standards and trains guests in medication self-administration procedures.
- Implements safety procedures and crisis intervention practices using a non-judgmental, harm-reduction approach.
- Provides supportive counseling to guests concerning daily personal and social issues.
- Maintains documentation per site expectations.
- Prepares and serves meals in accordance with 509 regulations.
- Participates in the cleaning of the shelter and encourages guests to actively participate to maintain a clean and healthy living environment.
- Monitors guests health needs and consults with the program nurse or the on-call nurse consultant when appropriate.
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements for the position:
- One year direct care experience providing services to adults with mental illness or related population; BA/BS can be substituted for experience.
- Department of Public Health certification in medication administration is required within 60 days.
- Proficiency in word processing and basic computer functions.
- Demonstrated professional communication and organizational skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on a scheduled or as-needed basis.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/partners.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.92
- Boston, MA, USA