AU BON PAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Associate Manager
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Associate Manager contributes to Au Bon Pain’s success by ensuring our ‘Guest First’ service and café standards are met. The Associate Manager assists the General Manager with daily operating procedures, such as maintaining café operations, ensuring product quality, maximizing financial contributions, and supervising the development of the Shift Supervisors and hourly café team members.
Key Position Responsibilities
• Assists in providing leadership in the café by ensuring adherence to all Au Bon Pain guidelines and standards and by creating an environment that promotes team work and a guest-first philosophy during assigned shift.
• Assists in meeting the café financial objectives by analyzing variances, controlling labor, food cost and other financial controls. Maintains the integrity of the safe, cash drawers and deposits during assigned shift and notifies the General Manager of any anomalies with the cash. Ensures the adherence to the Au Bon Pain cash handling policy by all crew members on assigned shift.
• Assist in the recruitment, selection, training and development of qualified Shift Supervisors and hourly team members to maintain hospitality standards; performs performance counseling when necessary. Ensures the proper deployment of labor for all shifts to adhere to the café labor budgets. Directs and coaches the crew during assigned shift to ensure effective communication of standards.
• Maintains proper sanitation and cleanliness standards during assigned shift and ensures all team members are properly performing cleaning, sanitation and food safety routines; participates in audits by the Board of Health or other agencies as required.
• Assists with maintaining the integrity of the food cost management system; ensures the accuracy of all production entries during assigned shift and participates in conducting the end of the week inventory.
• Ensures that the Au Bon Pain guest-first philosophy is practiced by every team member during assigned shift; responds to guest needs and coaches and directs team to perform their duties to exceed guest expectations. Assists in working stations during peak periods to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Performs all functions of the General Manager in his/her absence.
• A BA/BS degree is strongly preferred; a combination of practical experience and/or education will be considered as an alternative.
• A minimum of one year experience in a restaurant concept, preferably in a fast casual or full service environment is required with experience in leading or directing teams as an assistant manager or shift supervisor.
• Must be ServSafe certified, or will become certified within the first 90 days of employment.
• Must have had exposure to all dimensions of restaurant functions and have strong computer skills.
• Ability to maintain stationary position (e.g. standing) for extended periods of time – constantly
• Ability to move around the café to attend needs of customers and staff – constantly
• Ability to move, lift and handle equipment, supplies and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds – frequently
• Ability to position self to move items weighing up to 50 pounds from floor to shelves and to cabinets above and below counter height – frequently
• Ability to shift position in multiple directions and orientations to work all stations on the food preparation line (e.g. bending and twisting) – frequently
• Ability to position self to reach items under counter height – frequently
• Ability to tolerate exposure to commercial cleaning solvents – frequently
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABP is an equal opportunity employer. We afford equal opportunity to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, military status or veteran of the Vietnam era, sexual orientation, sex, age, or any category protected by law. We value diversity among our team members and the unique perspective this brings to our Company.
Copyright Au Bon Pain © 2017
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Francis Hospital, 114 Woodland St, Hartford, Connecticut, United States of America