Business Office Student Services Representative II
The mission of Associated Students Business and Administration department is to enhance the collegiate experience of Sac State students by providing hands on experience in accounting such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bank Reconciliations, and General Ledger Reconciliations.
TIME BASE: Part-time; Minimum Availability
Monday: 8:45 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:45 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:45 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:45 AM - 5:00 PM
*Availability must be included in application to be considered*
The Student Services Representative I provides customer service at the ASI Student Shop window located in the ASI Business Office. The incumbent is a front office contact for retail-based sales which includes but not limited to sales of caps and gowns, discounted movie tickets and other cash-related transactions. The Student Services Representative II processes incoming deposits which require analytical thinking to accurately review varied requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles cash, check, and charge transactions and operating a Point of Sale (POS) register and 10-key calculator machine with a high degree of accuracy.
- Daily opens and closes POS register by reviewing and ensuring POS reports and cash on hand are accurate.
- Sorts mail, answering incoming phone calls, faxing documents, distributing payroll and reimbursement checks, stocking of inventory.
- Verifies and reviews accuracy of deposit documentation.
- Adheres to guidelines and fiscal integrity with cash funds at all times.
- Follows departmental policies and procedures.
- Meets all established deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Provides exceptional customer service at all times.
- Ability to follow directions and to work independently with little or no assistance.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- A high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, while handling seasonal high-volume deposits and retail sales.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum of 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant Incumbents)
- Minimum of six months prior cash handling or retail-related experience.
- Experience in the operation of a 10-key calculator and cash register.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and general computer knowledge.
- A background check must be completed satisfactorily.
- Point of Sale (POS) software experience.
- Retail experience.
- Licensed Notary Public
I work. I learn. I play. I am ASI
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Merchandizing and Retail
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.50
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA