Consumer Sales Manager
Alta Resources is Hiring!
The Sales Program Manager strategically manages and directs a business to business sales team in accordance with the organization's strategic mandates of Governed Growth, Achieved Profitability, Reduced Risk, and Increased Technology-Based Services. These activities are carried out in accordance with Six Sigma philosophies to obtain optimum results, ensure efficiency and economy of operations, and maximize established program objectives of the organization and our client.
The Sales Program Manager will create an environment that promotes employee growth and retention. The individual directs and oversees all aspects of the client's sales policies, objectives, and initiatives while striving to meet and exceed Alta and client metrics. The Sales Program Manager is responsible for coaching, training and development of their employees. They also serve a critical role in developing strategic business plans, managing promotional budgets and delivering sales quotas and category growth expectations. They must be extremely organized and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. This individual will also be responsible for all aspects of time reporting and performance reviews.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates and maintains a strong partnership with the client at many levels and functional areas and explore opportunities to grow the business
- Directs and coordinates promotion of products manufactured or services performed to develop new markets, increase share of market, obtain competitive position in industry, and maximize sales revenue
- Responsible for revenue and profit margin growth at both Alta and the client
- Meet or exceed Alta and Client KPI’s
- Instills a strong sense of customer focus, professionalism and client branding throughout the team
- Frequently consults with Client personnel and reviews activity, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required
- Incorporates Six Sigma practices and philosophies into daily management to achieve client and Alta goals and to develop corporate best practices and efficiencies
- Manages financials to include, but are not limited to P & L, budget, expense reduction, and most importantly to grow revenue and margin
- Prepares monthly reports to show how Client and company goals and metrics are being met and exceeded and to identify issues that need to be resolved in meeting program objectives
- Determines work procedures, projects staffing levels, and expedites workflow
- Directs research activities concerned with gathering information or with compilation of statistics pertinent to planning and execution of Client objectives
- Partners in business development with Client
- Promotes organization in industry, manufacturing or trade associations
- Maintains a high level of team morale and motivation to create and environment that promotes employee growth and retention
- Develops and manages a high performing team to cultivate learning, sharing, communication and shaping team dynamics.
- Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position.
Supervises and carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, retaining, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing and resolving issues. The position also requires active leadership in the way of supporting strategic initiatives as well as personal development and application of Six Sigma methodologies. All leadership positions are expected to attain Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
The Manager is responsible for cultivating strong relationships with the client Liaison and more importantly, levels above to establish growth opportunities for Alta across any of the key service lines; Sales, Care, Fulfillment, Back Office and eCommerce.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to think "outside" the boundaries while serving and maintaining customers
Ability to multi-task and maintain professionalism in a fast-paced environment
Excellent follow up and follow through skills are required
Must have the ability to travel as necessary and a personal credit card with an available credit limit for expenses which are reimbursed
Strong analytical skills and experience using call center research data is required
Knowledge of key business issues, trends and solutions relative to the retail environment
Excellent project management and communications skills are needed
Travel as required; in order to meet the travel requirements, must have a personal credit card and an available credit limit for expenses which are reimbursed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university is required. Requires Two or more years of management experience; experience in a leadership role with financial accountabilities including profit and loss is preferred.
- Scope of client responsibility is $1.5 million to $4.99 million dollars in annual revenue
TECHNOLOGY SKILL BASE
This position requires a working knowledge of computer technology that includes:
Windows, PowerPoint, Advanced Word and Excel, along with Client designated software. Individuals must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications
as introduced by the Client and Alta Resources.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for up to eight hours, and stand. Manual dexterity which allows the individual to use hands to type on a keyboard, use a mouse and write are required, as is the ability to talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment for which this position functions contains scents and fragrances related to product samples that are necessary to have on site in order to complete the essential job functions of this position or others positions within the same area. Due to the nature of this work individuals are required to be on-site during hours designated by the Client, however, the occasion will arise when the employee must be off-site due to business functions.
- Pay Type Salary
- Neenah, WI, 120 N Commercial St, Neenah, Wisconsin, United States of America