Senior Account Manager
Alta Resources is Hiring!
The Senior Account Manager position provides professional, quality, and "best in class" service by using a consultative approach to achieve sales and growth goals that reflects the culture and philosophies of Alta and our clients. This will be accomplished with a thorough understanding of the customer, markets served, competition and product offering through communication primarily over the phone or electronically, planning, and analysis. Key success measures will include performance against sales volume, new item acceptance, filling core distribution voids, promotional planning objectives, and share of shelf.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sell products and services per defined metrics
- Create and manage account plans, strategic plans, promotional plans, and trade spend
- Analyze pre-formatted and combined sales, market, and competitive data to determine account strategies
- Provide customer information both verbally and written on new items, core voids, and promotional funds
- Prepare and conduct business reviews both for customers and client leadership
- Build and maintain solid consultative relationship with customer and client
- Effectively communicate with internal sales teams, finance, order management, logistics, and Alta leadership
- Manage pricing, promotional planning, acquisitions, and returns
- Keep current of industry trends and competitive products
- Understand the customer, supply chain, promotional vehicles, trade class and market
- Facilitate team initiatives as directed by the Program Director
- Responsible for strategic accounts defined by; large accounts, most complex and future growth
- Will be required to coach and develop Account Managers through sharing best practices and problem solving regarding sale activities
- Assisting leadership in coaching peers for development of selling best practices, negotiating, overcoming objection, problem solving, innovative thinking, etc.
- Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position.
Although this position will not have responsibility for direct reports, the position requires active leadership in the way of supporting strategic initiatives as well as active personal development and application of the Six Sigma methodologies.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Displays a high level of confidence, enthusiasm and a positive attitude with the desire to succeed and exceed customer expectations. Has a passion to serve others.
- Demonstrated excellent sales, negotiation, and client retention skills a must. Proven ability to give presentation in front of customers and clients.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to establish rapport, builds relationships and loyalty with external and internal customers and coworkers, and remains tactful when communicating negative information.
- Demonstrate an ability to display patience, empathy, and strong listening skills while ensuring customer needs are fulfilled in a timely and satisfactory fashion.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain composure while diffusing and professionally negotiating a high-tension situation on a routine basis. Strong retention skills with the ability to follow a process flow and/or script as needed.
- Highly self motivated with the ability to prioritize complex, diversified responsibilities, multi task effectively and execute tasks with minimum supervision. Strong organization and time management skills. Ability to remain focused and productive with tasks that may be repetitive. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid analytical, logical decision making and troubleshooting skills with the ability to problem solve in a timely and effective manner. Exercises good judgment. Takes ownership of issues or questions and will escalate problems to the appropriate person and follow up accordingly to the customer. Knows when to involve supervisors.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality by handling sensitive and private client and customer information in accordance to Alta Resources and Client's policies and regulatory requirements.
- Embraces change and is flexible to the needs of the business and team.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and key metrics, work independently, as a team player, and drive results in a fast paced, team based environment. Must be willing to assist teammates and build strong relationships to achieve company and department goals.
- Ability to accept and apply coaching and feedback from leadership.
- Proven track record of reliability and a strong work ethic is a must.
- Travel as required; generally 5-15%. In order to meet the travel requirements, must have a personal credit card and an available credit limit for expenses which are reimbursed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- 5+ years of stable sales work experience is required; 2 years of Alta Resources sales experience desired. Demonstrated experience managing multiple top tier and strategic accounts at $15M+ dollar sales. Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills along with previous experience managing financials. Candidate should also have solid negotiation skills and the ability to identify and close opportunities through analysis of various types of reports/data.
- CPG Industry experience is highly desired but other service related industry experience will be considered.
- Polished, professional demeanor, tone and etiquette is required.
TECHNOLOGY SKILL BASE
This position requires a working knowledge of computer technology that includes, but is not limited to: Intermediate to Advance knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook required. SalesForce or other related CRM experience is a plus. Must be able to effectively and efficiently utilize multiple Internet search windows. Keying data entry efficiently and accurately with proficiency in typing/keyboard is required. Individuals must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications as introduced by the Client and Alta Resources. Proven ability to quickly learn complex program and product knowledge and experience working on a PC.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for up to eight hours, and stand. Manual dexterity which allows the individual to use hands to type on a keyboard, use a mouse and write are required, as is the ability to talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment for which this position functions contains scents and fragrances related to product samples that are necessary to have on site in order to complete the essential job functions of this position or others positions within the same area. Due to the nature of this work individuals are required to be on-sight during hours designated by the Client, however, the occasion will arise when the employee must be off-site due to business functions.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Neenah, WI, 120 N Commercial St, Neenah, Wisconsin, United States of America