Net Application Developer II
Alta Resources is Hiring!
The Developer’s II role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in the support of the achievement of business requirements. This including writing technical specifications, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications throughout the software development full life-cycle management.
• Works with Platform Lead, business analysts and other technical teams to help analysts clearly define problem statement, requirements, assumptions, dependencies, and constraints.
• Provides estimates for projects or tasks
• Assists in defining work breakdown and actively participates in task assignment – volunteering for tasks that are a good match for skills
Strategy and Planning
• Creates technical application design documents.
• Analyzes and assess existing business systems and procedures.
• Conducts research on emerging application development software products, languages and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Provides Best-Practice recommendations to team leaders and stakeholders.
• Assist in the translation of business requirements into technical specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with Architects, internal clients and IT departments.
• Ability to contribute to technology solutions by learning and/or applying incumbent knowledge based upon one or more of the following business processes or practices (depending upon role): Customer Relationship Management, Order Management and Payment Processing, eCommerce, Business Intelligence/Analytics, Membership/Loyalty.
• Assist Project Managers in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
• Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
• Write program code to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
• Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
• Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
• Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
• Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines. Provide documentation or support for audits such as PCI, SOC or client specific.
• Recommend, schedule and perform software improvements and upgrades.
• Provide 24x7 on call rotation support for all supported technologies.
Communication and Collaboration
• Collaborate with Architects, Engineers, and other Developers in conceptual design and development of new software programs and applications, and in resolving problems with software systems.
• Work with platform lead to liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products and systems and for resolution of any issues.
• Provide guidance to new junior team members.
• Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of the ability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position.
Technology Skill Base
• This position requires a working knowledge of computer technology that includes: Web Application / Application Development, Database/SQL development experience with MS SQL Server, Windows Service Development, Web UI development, and accessing relational databases.
• Configuring, development within, and running with one or more of the following application servers: strong technical development experience.
• Individuals must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications as introduced by the Client and Alta Resources.
MINIMUM COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Education: Four year college or university degree in IT-related field; Post Graduate degree preferred
Work Experience: 3-6 years of relevant .Net Application Development work experience; E-Commerce, PCI, Outsourcing/BPO, CPG, Retail, or Healthcare industry experience highly desired.
Skills: C# 2003/2005/2012, Visual Studio .Net 2005, 2010, .Net Framework 1.0, .Net Framework 2.0 and up, SQL Server 2000, SQL server 2005, SQL Server 2012 and up, ASP.net/Web applications, Powershell, Subversion or Concurrent Version System (CVS) or Visual Source Safe
Certifications / Licenses: Preferred – Relevant certification in respective application development discipline
Although this position will not have responsibility for direct reports, the position requires active leadership in the way of supporting strategic initiatives as well as active personal development and application of Six Sigma methodologies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to tackle problems and seek out new opportunities.
- Ability to simplify complex issues, can differentiate between critical details and unimportant facts, has a logical thought process in resolving problems.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency, attention to detail, and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate productivity, managed priorities and time, and followed procedures.
- Demonstrate good speaking, writing, and listening skills.
- Meet commitments, stay focused under pressure, and accept accountability.
- Build strong relationships, able to give and receive constructive feedback, and worked well with others.
- Ability to work effectively within and across teams and global locations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Refer to requirements in table above.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for up to eight hours, and stand. Manual dexterity which allows the individual to use hands to type on a keyboard, use a mouse and write are required, as is the ability to talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment for which this position functions contains scents and fragrances related to product samples that are necessary to have on site in order to complete the essential job functions of this position or others positions within the same area. Due to the nature of this work individuals are required to be on-sight during hours designated by the Client, however, the occasion will arise when the employee must be off-site due to business functions.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines