NR Technical HEALTH PHYSICIST II
The Health Physicist is a professional position responsible for a variety of project related radiological controls. USA Environment is rapidly expanding their radiological services across all business segments, focusing on naturally occurring radioactive material issues within the oil, gas, petrochemical, mining, and government business sectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data quality control- Verifying the accuracy of all radiological data and information
- Interpreting results and developing corrective actions/recommendations for changes in the work environment i.e. processes, designs, procedures, and operating equipment, based on interpretations and principles of professional practices
- Ensuring compliance with radioactive materials licenses as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
- Reviewing and approving Radiological Work Permits for compliance/completeness
- Implementing the dosimetry program including issuing badges, and interpreting and reporting results
- Managing the radiological instrument inventory to include maintenance, operations, calibrations and repairs
- Developing and implementing radiation safety training programs that facilitate compliance with all regulatory and accreditation agencies (e.g. TXDSHS, LDEQ, NRC, OSHA.)
- Preparing project final reports, waste profiles, site closure documents, and other professional reports as required in support of regulatory compliance and client needs.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 10 CFR 20, and the ability to read and interpret state regulations.
- Radiological field and laboratory radiological measurement systems, their set-up and control.
- Analytical Data Assessment
- Policy/Procedure Development and Regulatory/Procedural Compliance
- Reviewing, evaluating, and interpreting radioanalytical results.
- Developing radiation survey and monitoring programs
- Developing Health Physics/Radiation Control/Safety Technician training and qualification plans.
- Delivering radiation safety training.
- Developing radiological surveillance equipment monitoring procedures and carrying out periodic testing
- Effectively interface with all levels of personnel from field personnel to regulators.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Bachelor’s degree in radiological science, radiation protection, health physics or related field
- Two years previous Health Physicist experience.
- MARSSIM closures of contaminated sites and finals status reporting
- Microsoft suite programs
- Mapping software such as VSP, Pathfinder, etc
- Waste profiling (radiological and hazardous)
- Competitive (weekly) hourly wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, with full family options
- 401K with up-to 4% match
- Paid time off with paid holidays
- Pay Type Salary
- 316 Georgia Ave, Deer Park, TX 77536, USA