Technician Broadband II
If you’re like a lot of people, you’re excited to get your career moving. So where do you begin?
Most of our Broadband Techs start their careers at Shentel fresh, enthusiastic to earn, while they learn. By the time they complete their training, they are capable men and women, well-educated on our systems and equipment, applying the range of tools and techniques they learned. With a focus on growing your skills you can quickly become a valued technician like the ones our customers trust to deliver high-quality Shentel services. The services you will be working on includes gigabit internet services to both homes and business, digital video services and phone.
Get Next-Level Know-How
Getting started means getting up to date with all that Shentel has to offer. We’ll teach you to install and service Shentel products in our customers' homes. You’ll get online classroom training and comprehensive hands-on in the field with experienced industry experts in home installtion of broadband services and WiFi networks. We’re talking power tools, cable and telecom equipment, meters and apps, computers and software, pole and ladder skills and safety, and more. We provide the gear, and the knowledge you gain will make you a valuable in-home service professional. There’s also support in case you need a quick refresher or higher-level backup.
Climb the Ladder at Shentel
Are you ready to see how far you can go? There are always opportunities to grow and succeed at Shentel, and we’re proud when our people achieve more. It shows in the fact that so many of our Field Operations supervisors, and managers started as Field Techs themselves. They know exactly what it takes to thrive and how to best support their team, whether that means onsite backup or being available to talk through issues. They started where you are now and can help you build a strong foundation for a career that progresses as you do.
Physical Requirements: This is a physical job, so you should have the strength and flexibility to:
- Move over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment
- Operate weight-bearing equipment, such as gaffs, safety harnesses, extension ladders, and carry fully.
Must be able to clearly and successfully communicate to customers internal and external. Listen effectively, presentyour idea, write clearly and work well solo or in a group setting.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Must have 3-5 years of experience with HFC and/or fiber to the premise installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs. Must also be competent in HFC and fiber optic theory, maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Able to demonstrate basic PC/tablet skills using basic software applications like email and web browsers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Installs, troubleshoots and repairs Internet, phone and digital video services including business and residential locations.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs all wiring/cabling and hardware required to support home and commercial services. This may include fiber, coax and Ethernet cabling.
- Programs, configures and troubleshoots Shentel provided customer premise equipment to support video, phone and Internet services.
- Installs, maintains and replaces coaxial cables, fiber optic and copper lines entering or within the customer premises.
- Supports system maintenance by clearing complex plan conditions throughout the network.
- Installs in-line devices including coax amplifiers, line extenders, taps, splitters, power supplies and fiber optic multi-ports and splitters
- Utilizes test and measurement equipment to validate performance of Internet, video, phone and Wi-Fi services.
- Observes all company safety procedures at all times.
- Will be expected to support on-call rotation and periodic weekend work may be required.
- Working conditions include climbing, working in attic crawl spaces, working at heights and driving across service territories in a company vehicle.
Shentel provides a drug-free workplace and is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you require accommodation or assistance to complete the online application process, due to a medical condition or impairment, please contact a HR Representative at 540-984-5241 or firstname.lastname@example.org. When you contact a HR Representative please identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will assist you promptly.
- Job Family Engineering & Operations
- Job Function Incumbent Cable
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Blacksburg, VA, USA
- Christiansburg, VA 24073, USA
- Radford, VA, USA
- Roanoke, VA, USA