The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment. Work must be done according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. Other duties may be assigned or reassigned at any time.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform maintenance duties including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Support plant production needs on weekends and holidays when/if needed.
- Perform snow, ice and excessive rain removal duties as needed to maintain a safe facility for all employees.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Legible handwriting
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience with rotomolding process equipment preferred but not required
- Ethical conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Must be a licensed forklift operator
This position will be required to operate is in an industrial manufacturing environment which may exceed 85 degrees inside and as low as 0 degrees outside ambient temp with fork lifts and other machinery operating in areas of your responsibility.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or be elevated to reach work items.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds alone wand more than 50 pounds with assistance..
- This position may require constant standing and/or presence at a location for troubleshooting and understanding a situation.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bristol, IN 46507, USA