Engineer - Continuous Improvement
Bristol, IN 46507, USA Req #564
Thursday, September 16, 2021
Of all the Plastic Manufacturers, in North America, we are the FLEXIBLE Supplier, which Delivers on Our PARTNERSHIP Commitments.
Purchasing - Continuous Improvement Engineer
- This position analyzes and prioritizes supply chain procedures as well as recommends and implements improvements across operations to improve the supply chain processes and interactions with operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Evaluating existing supply chain processes to identify areas that need optimization across multiple locations.
- Collaborate and develop improvements in supply chain procedures, including inventory management, warehousing, automation, systems integration, and distribution.
- Evaluating connections with suppliers and operations and working to streamline material and product flow to optimize efficiencies across the value stream.
- Collecting and interpreting supply chain improvements, as well as updating and documenting processes.
- Customizing and deploying efficient supply chain management tools that improve material flow and visibility with process partners.
- Building and maintaining strong vendor and intercompany relationships.
- Keeping abreast of developments in supply chain engineering and best practices across the company to help develop future process improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, business, or a related field.
- Degree coursework in supply chain management preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a supply chain engineer in an industrial setting.
- Proficiency in industry-related supply chain management software.
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain management software.
- Progressive experience in supply chain analysis and optimization.
- Exception analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Superb collaboration and communication abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
The company seeks to hire the best-qualified applicant for all openings. The decision to hire is based on ability, experience, and other factors required by the job itself without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, or any other protected status. This policy pertains to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, conditions and privileges of employment, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff-off and termination.
- Job Function Quality
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, IN 46507, USA