Lead Experience Designer
Job Title: Lead Experience Designer
Reports To: Senior User Experience, Customer Experience (CX)
Location: Prometric, Dundalk, Co. Louth / Remote
Prometric is the recognised global leader in technology-enabled assessment services, providing Remotely Proctored, Internet, computer-based testing solutions, and paper-and-pencil. It offers a fully integrated next generation testing systems that include candidate scheduling, test development, test delivery, and data management capabilities. On behalf of 600 current clients in the academic, professional, government, corporate and information technology markets, Prometric develops and/or delivers assessments through a global network of testing centres in 132 countries as well as direct to candidates via the Web.
Prometric is currently looking for a Lead Experience Designer to join Customer Experience (CX) team who can produce engaging experiences, enjoys usability research, and solve UI challenges through a design thinking process providing illustration and wire framing for product development. If you've got an awesome portfolio and insist on always raising the bar on what good responsive applications and services should look and feel like, then you’re our ideal candidate.
Duties & responsibilities
- Work closely with the Senior User Experience to shape the UX function.
- Work closely with the Product Managers to develop mocks using Figma and translate them into visual prototypes.
- Work closely with and in parallel to our Software Development teams globally to maintain product vision, quality and consistency.
- Work with the other designers to provide consistency of experience across all Prometric’s products.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure products meet brand consistency.
- Enforcer of brand continuity within Prometric’s products and services and mediate a design thinking approach with all Prometric technology teams globally in refinement of Prometric’s products.
- Advocate the use of UX principles within the development cycle.
- Provide product teams and designers with context relevant materials, such as userflows where appropriate.
- Identifying critical improvements to increase self-service, candidate, and client delight across Prometric’s applications and services.
- Ability to conduct user testing of wireframes where appropriate and report back findings.
- Ability to conduct research where appropriate.
- Ability to take outputs from User Research activity and translate these into User Interfaces.
- To work across a number of Prometric Products.
- Assist in the continued development of a design system.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree in visual communication or 5-6 years of design experience for enterprise applications
- Experience with UX and prototyping tools (Must know Figma, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Strong visual and brainstorming skills with the ability to confidently sketch journeys and interfaces in cross functional collaborative teams.
- Experience with UX design patterns and creating user-centered designs
- Able to design responsive sites and mobile
- Must have a solid portfolio showcasing clean layouts and typography skills
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Working knowledge of Design Systems and their application across a range of products
- Experience of working in multiple work streams in complex agile environments.
- A basic understanding of front-end development.
- Up-to-date with the latest UX/UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- An understanding of Accessibility and WCAG standards is desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Pay Type Salary
- Cork, Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland