Job Title: Accessibility Developer
Reports To: Senior User Experience, Customer Experience (CX)
Prometric is the recognised global leader in technology-enabled assessment services, providing Remotely Proctored, Internet, computer-based testing solutions, and paper-and-pencil. It offers a fully integrated next generation testing systems that include candidate scheduling, test development, test delivery, and data management capabilities. On behalf of 600 current clients in the academic, professional, government, corporate and information technology markets, Prometric develops and/or delivers assessments through a global network of testing centres in 132 countries as well as direct to candidates via the Web.
Prometric is currently looking for an Accessibility Developer to join Customer Experience (CX) team who can develop, maintain, and enhance the design system and its related components. You will ensure that these components are used as expected and that they meet current WCAG and WAI ARIA specifications.
Duties & responsibilities
- Work very closely with the Accessibility Specialist to build components that consider accessibility.
- Work closely with and in parallel to our Software Development teams where necessary to maintain quality and consistency.
- Work with the other designers to provide consistency of experience across all Prometric’s products.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure products meet brand consistency.
- Enforcer of coding standards within the component library
- Encourage the use of UX principles within the development cycle.
- Contributing to the ongoing documentation of product accessibility
- Liaising with accessibility partners (i.e. LevelAccess)
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of accessibility developments and issues in the wider world and in software development in particular, as well as a good working knowledge of current and local legislation.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or 3-4 years of design experience for enterprise applications.
- Experience with web components based libraries.
- Experience of responsive frameworks, such as Bootstrap, Foundation and Skeleton
- Experience with tool driven unit testing components such as Karma, Jasmine and Jest.
- Working knowledge of Design Systems and their application across a products.
- Experience of working in multiple work streams in complex agile environments.
- Experience with accessibility audit and quality assurance tools and processes.
- Knowledge and experience with assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, ZoomText).
- Experience with Automated Testing frameworks and scripting (i.e. Selenium, ReadyAPI).
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience with version control and branching (e.g. Git, GitFlow).
- Understanding and experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is desired / Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cork, Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland